Final (Closing) Report for IACUC Protocols
Final Report Requirements
If an IACUC protocol has been completed or is otherwise finished before the protocol expiration date, a final progress report must be submitted to the Office of Research Administration within 60 days.
There is no form to complete for the Final Report; however, the report should be signed by the Lead Researcher (or Faculty Sponsor if applicable) or Department Chair and must contain the following information:
- “IACUC Closing Report” as the subject of the memo
- The IACUC protocol number and study title
- The date the protocol should be closed (if other than the expiration date)
- The number of animals used during the last annual approval period (i.e., since the last annual renewal form was submitted) and the TOTAL number of animals used for the study
- A summary of the results to date
- A listing of any publications resulting from the work
Arrangements for Remaining Animals
If animals remain after a study is closed or completed, the Lead Researcher or other responsible individual must make arrangements for any animals that remain in the vivarium.
- Animals cannot be housed under an expired or closed protocol.
- Animals must be either transferred to another approved protocol or humanely euthanized.
Contact a ULAR vivarium manager or supervisor for assistance with arrangements for any animals that remain in the vivarium at the end of the project.
- Joe Sandoval, Vivaria Manger, 949-824-8306 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Robin Towle, Biological Sciences Vivaria Supervisor, 949-824-6030 (email@example.com)
- Bob Davis, School of Medicine Vivaria Supervisor, 949-824-8362 (firstname.lastname@example.org)