About Us - Office Responsibilities and Supported Tasks
The Research Development Office provides support for large (>$250k/yr direct cost) multidisciplinary research, training and outreach proposals with emphasis on the physical and biological sciences. Services provided include:
- Initiation, coordination and support for all aspects of submission for major interdisciplinary grant proposals representing faculty across departments and Schools.
- Overseeing development of project budgets and other supporting documentation in consultation with academic unit staff.
- Initiation and coordination of campus cost sharing and letters of support.
- Working with relevant University Advancement offices including Corporate Development and Foundation Relations to coordinate proposals to corporations and foundations.
- Initiation and coordination of submission of preliminary proposals.
- Consulting with and advising faculty on grant opportunities.
- Collaborating with deans, faculty, and Research Development staff to develop and obtain appropriate information for proposal strategy, design and content.
- Coordination of a team approach to large projects involving various academic schools and central administrative units.
- Coordinating site visits, conferences, and teleconference communications with funding partners to enhance consideration of UCI multidisciplinary proposals.
- Interactions with grant agency Program Managers, and coordination of acceptance of federal and corporate funding and follow through including completion of necessary annual and final project reports for sponsors.
- Negotiating funding agreements and providing oversight of financial arrangements.
- Maintaining a liaison function among Deans, faculty and staff; the Office of Research and Graduate Studies, including the Vice Chancellor’s Office, and Office of Technology Alliances, and the Office of Research Administration; and academic units across the campus.