L to R: Lori Greene, Casandra Rauser, Jacob Levin, Randal Berg, and Lucinda Kessler (not shown: Richard Donovan and Beth Riley)
The Office of Research Development provides coordination and support of the grant preparation and submission process for major interdisciplinary proposals, including opportunity identification, technical writing and editing, supporting biographical and resource materials, budgets and budget justifications, and interaction with campus administration. It also sponsors content area meetings, graduate and undergraduate program development, creation of an institutional data repository, authoring of boilerplate text, interactions with federal, private and industry funding sources, and funding related research services.
- NSF Data Management Plan now required for all grant submissions
- Research Development Office hosts NSF Highlights Writing Workshop
- NIH moving to fully electronic submission (.pdf)
- UCI Grants.gov e-learning course
- New NIH standing deadlines for electronic submission of applications
- NSF MRI Program now requires 30% Institutional Cost-Share