A proposal or funding application that involves any of the following uncommon circumstances:
- The sponsor or prime sponsor is a foreign entity.
- The proposal is for a U.S. federal government contract – not a grant or cooperative agreement.
- By virtue of submitting the proposal to the Extramural Sponsor, UCI is accepting award terms and conditions contained in the FOA.
- As part of the proposal, the sponsor requires the submission of a small business subcontracting plan, an intellectual property management plan, a laboratory safety plan, or any other plan(s) that must be developed by one or more UCI central administration office.
- The proposal requests funding in excess of $5 million of direct costs per budget year.
- A purpose of the proposal is to establish a new UCI center or institute.