For PHS and NSF Investigators
On June 23, 2016, UCI implemented Kuali Coeus Conflict of Interest (a new electronic system to collect financial disclosures) along with a new annual conflict of interest disclosure process for Public Health Service (PHS) and National Science Foundation (NSF) Investigators that replaces the old transaction-based process. This page highlights the main changes.
Please note the disclosure requirements and procedures for non-governmental sponsored projects/gifts and research projects involving human subjects remain unchanged.
Kuali Coeus Conflict of Interest (KC COI)
This new electronic sytem replaced the Form 800 and Form 900 for UCI Investigators. Subrecipients complying with UCI's COI policies and non-UCI Investigators are still required to submit the paper Form 800SR and Form 900SR when necessary.
- Annual Disclosure- Replaced Form 800 and Form 900 (for NSF Investigators without any significant financial interests)
- NSF Disclosure- Replaced Form 900 for NSF Investigators with signficant financial interests
- PHS Travel Log
- PI Assistant Role- Administrative staff can request this role to help their Principal Investigators complete the PHS Personnel Doc for continuing PHS awards
- Master Disclosure- view all past disclosures
- Increased Transparency- Ability to see Investigators' disclosure status in real-time for Principal Investigators and administrative staff
- Automated notifications and reminders
- Ability to upload completed Form 800SRs in the Personnel Doc for continuing PHS awards
Annual Form 810- For PHS Investigators
The COI Team also implemented a new Annual Form 810 (as referenced in the above PHS Annual Disclosure Procedure flowchart) along with the KC COI implementation. This form replaced the Form 810 which was required for each PHS award.
Now, PHS Investigators complete and submit one Annual Form 810 to COI at least annually. As long as their financial interests remain the same, then they would submit the Annual Form 810 about once a year.
Still to come...
This Annual COI Implementation is just the first phase of our Streamlining COI efforts. Our plan for the next phases are to have KC COI replace the Form 700U, the Annual Form 810, the COI Addendum, and so on until the COI process is completely electronic.