Submission of IACUC Modification Requests
Modifications are divided into two categories
Changes affecting the animals, experimental design or scope of work, may impact personnel safety, change in PI
Changes to personnel, funding, lab area locations (outside the vivarium), contact info updates, etc.
Significant changes include any changes that
- Involve or affect the animals
- May impact personnel safety
- Alter procedures, experimental design or scope of work
Follow the below steps to start and submit a mod in RMS
- Create a new modification in RMS, by clicking the Modification button
- To enable editing, click the Check-Out button
- Fill out the Modification Tab in RMS, indicating all proposed changes
AUP form fields
- Revise the corresponding Protocol Tabs in RMS, incorporating the proposed changes
- Once ready to submit, click the Submit to IACUC button
Additional Information & Tips
- For technical assistance, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For more information about modifications, refer to the IACUC Policy on Modifications
- It is strongly recommended submitting your modifications as early as possible, in case it may need to go to full committee review.
- Level of review for a modification is determined by the IACUC office. If you have an urgency, please contact us to discuss.
- Designated Member Review: Allow a minimum of 2 weeks for review (turnaround time will vary)
- Full Committee Review: Submissions: must be received by the deadline dates to be considered for the next meeting agenda.NOTE: Submitting by the deadline date does not guarantee making it onto the agenda! Agenda capacity is determined on a first-come first-served basis, dependent on the number of submissions our office has already received and the number of scientific reviewers available.
- For guidance about hazards, please contact EH&S at (949) 824-2041