Submission of IACUC Annual Review
Follow below steps to complete and submit the Annual Review:
- From the email, click on the direct protocol link - This will take you directly to your protocol.
(or login to RMS website, the Document Status will be in "Annual Review")
- Enable editing by clicking the Check-out button.
- In the protocol, complete the Annual Review Tab ONLY.(Other protocol tabs in RMS do not need to be updated at this time.)
- Once ready to submit, click the Submit to IACUC button.
For Offsite Registrations, contact IACUC@uci.edu for annual review instructions.
Additional Information & Tips
- Annual Reviews are due on the anniversary date of when the current protocol cycle was initially approved.
- Researchers are required to self-report all other animals (not purchased through ULAR) - This includes:
- Animals produced in UCI breeding colonies
- Offspring of animals purchased as pregnant dams or dams-with-litter
- Exotic animals (e.g., reptiles caught in the wild or procured from non-traditional sources)See guidance about Reporting Animal Numbers for Annual Reviews
- Modifications involving the animals or experimental/procedural changes CANNOT be made when a protocol is in "Annual Review status" - Please complete the Annual Review first, then contact IACUC@uci.edu to request for expedited processing. We will turn it around for you to start a new modification submission.
- If additional clarifications about the annual review are needed, the PI will be contacted via email.