Conducting Research at UCI: Getting Started

Welcome to UCI! To help you get started conducting research at UCI, the Office of Research compiled some basic information to assist you.

Setup for Success

1. Contact your Departmental Security Administrator (DSA) to register in KSAMS for Kuali Coeus access, UCI's electronic research project management system

2. Check your Principal Investigator eligibilty with your Sponsored Projects Officer

3. Contact the Electronic Research Administration (ERA) at to register for other proposal submission websites:

  • eRA Commons for National Institutes of Health
  • Fastlane for National Science Foundation
  • Cayuse 424 for other federal awards using

4. Public Health Service/National Institutes of Health and National Science Foundation researchers- Complete your Annual Disclosure

Types of Research


Human Subjects

International (collaborations, shipments, etc.)

Biological Agents

Stem Cells

Industry Sponsored

Industry Clinical Trials

News & Announcements

View More