Requests for OLAW Interinstitutional Assurances (IIA)
- After you receive OLAW's official letter requesting to establish an IIA, pre-fill the OLAW-IIA form by completing Sections I and II.A.
- Email your request to IACUC@uci.edu with the following:
- OLAW's IIA official request letter
- OLAW-IIA form, pre-filled with the small business' info
Specify in your email:
- Name of UCI-PI
- Associated UCI-IACUC protocol #
- KR proposal #
- Please allow a minimum of 5 business days for your IIA request to be processed.Note: Processing of your request may take longer, depending on the below variables:
- The IACUC office performs a Scope of Work (SOW) comparison, to ensure the live animal work proposed in the grant is covered by the associated IACUC protocol.
- If additional clarifications, revisions, or follow-up are needed, we will email you.
- Signatures of the IO and IACUC chair will be obtained after the SOW-protocol match has been verified and an approved IACUC protocol is in place.
Additional Information & Tips
- Just-In-Time (JIT) requests are not the same as the official OLAW-IIA letter! Contact your ISR contract officer from UCI Applied Innovation, for assistance with JIT requests.
- You must have an approved IACUC protocol that covers the live animal research activities in your grant.
See guidance for:
- See UCI Applied Innovation website for more information about SBIRs and STTRs.