Research Security & International Engagement Committee
- The Research Security & International Engagement Committee is charged by the Provost to promote and facilitate responsible international engagements and collaborations through the following:
- Developing local policy and procedures to implement UC policy and federal rules and regulations;
- Overseeing and managing UCI's research security and integrity compliance and risk mitigation program;
- Managing risk and compliance processes to facilitate responsible international engagements, collaborations, and partnerships in furtherance of UCI's mission;
- Reviewing international activity proposals that may trigger specific risks (export control, institutional reputation, legal consequences, etc.);
- Providing advance consultation and approval of international activities or suggest alternatives; and
- Forwarding requests for appeal of any research-related RSIEC determinations to the Vice Chancellor for Research for a final decision.
The Committee consists of representatives from multiple offices across the campus.
- Chair: Bruce Morgan, Associate Vice Chancellor for Research Administration
- Vice Chair: Grace Park, Director of Research Engagement and Compliance